Re: files in international/l10n take too long to process

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 11:59:26PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > NB take a look at http://lully.debian.org/~joy/webwml/build-log for a
> > > listing of website building errors with wml 2.x... scary.
> >
> > Hi Josip, i took a look on your result and made additional tests.
> > Here are two points you should be aware of:
> >  * Templates defining complex tags have to include wml::sys::compat1
>
> Um, what are tags are complex? Pardon my ignorance, I'm still rookie in wml.

Sure, complex (or also called container) tags are like <foo>...</foo>

> >    so it would be nice to create an empty file called
> >        webwml/english/template/debian/sys/compat1.wml
>                                  ~~~~~~~ this part shouldn't be needed :)

Indeed.

> >    to make WML 1.7.4 happy
>
> OK, once we move to 2.x that'll be done to ease the transition.
>
> >  * In webwml/english/template/debian/votebar.wml two macros <sub>
> >    and <current> have no definition, and i had to comment line 395.
>
> Indeed, I can't find a definition for that. But (with 1.7.4) it gets filled
> in, after pass 1, with:
>
> <define-tag sub>2000</define-tag>
> <define-tag current>'../../english/vote'</define-tag>
>
> I don't know how it happens <shrug>.

Okay, i understand how it works now. These tags are defined in
amend_*.wml and vote_*.wml.
But some files under vote/ (e.g. howto_*.wml) include
wml::debian::votebar without defining these tags. And magically
<sub> was not removed during pass 2 by wml 1.7.4, whereas it is by wml
2.0.2 which causes a Perl syntax error.

> > Most errors are caused by erroneous input (it's nice, you may use WML2
> > to validate changes ;-))
>
> Unfortunately :)
>
> > I will send patches later to Josip, as he seems interested in these
> > compatibility issues.
>
> Sure, and CC: the list.

Too late :-)
Feel free to forward this patch.