Re: files in international/l10n take too long to process

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 10:21:01PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > This is indeed what i realized, version shipped with Potato has a bad
> > > designed pass5, which has been fixed lately because this slow processing
> > > only occurs with large files.
> >
> > NB take a look at http://lully.debian.org/~joy/webwml/build-log for a
> > listing of website building errors with wml 2.x... scary.
>
> Hi Josip, i took a look on your result and made additional tests.
> Here are two points you should be aware of:
>  * Templates defining complex tags have to include wml::sys::compat1

Um, what are tags are complex? Pardon my ignorance, I'm still rookie in wml.

>    so it would be nice to create an empty file called
>        webwml/english/template/debian/sys/compat1.wml
                                 ~~~~~~~ this part shouldn't be needed :)
>    to make WML 1.7.4 happy

OK, once we move to 2.x that'll be done to ease the transition.

>  * In webwml/english/template/debian/votebar.wml two macros <sub>
>    and <current> have no definition, and i had to comment line 395.

Indeed, I can't find a definition for that. But (with 1.7.4) it gets filled
in, after pass 1, with:

<define-tag sub>2000</define-tag>
<define-tag current>'../../english/vote'</define-tag>

I don't know how it happens <shrug>.

> Most errors are caused by erroneous input (it's nice, you may use WML2
> to validate changes ;-))

Unfortunately :)

> I will send patches later to Josip, as he seems interested in these
> compatibility issues.

Sure, and CC: the list.