Re: to reiterate, why are there no security updates on the front page? (Or, 17 security holes the security team hasn't told you about)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 18:20:53 +1000 (+0000), Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 12:31:01AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > What I'm wondering is if there is some prodedure we can put in place to
> > facilitate the security team in making announcements of security fixes.
>
> Isn't this essentially the point of setting urgency to "high" in
> debian/changelog? I realise that that urgency isn't really used for much
> at the moment, but there's no real reason why it couldn't be, is there?

[snip]

Or for data-loss/coruption bugs I'd hope.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org