Re: Loss of Archive

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 10:53:05AM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Has anyone been considering what the move of the archive off of Master is
> going to do to our website?

It did cause some problems, but I have fixed most of them.

> What is going to happen to the package pages?

The update scripts grab the latest Packages/Source files from ftp.debian.org
Hopefully there will be an ldap database someday which can be used to
generate the info dynamically.

> What is going to happen to the release pages (doesn't some of the links
> count on the archive being present?)

As Culus mentioned, links should be to ftp.debian.org (ftp.us.debian.org?).
There are a few broken links in the release pages (pages not handled by wml)
and I'm not sure how to get them fixed.

> Are there any other pages that could be affected?

The lintian pages are almost certainly not being updated, but I haven't
checked. If so, scp could be used to update them.

BTW culus, I've been meaning to as what you think of having a new account
set up, say debwww since the group already exists, which would own all
the web files and would run the daily cron job?

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org