Re: broken link and wrong character set

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 02:54:09PM +0100, Chahine Hamila wrote:
> > ISO 10646 is Unicode right? AFAIK it is supported by windows Arabic browsers,
> > but none under Linux does.
>
> My Netscape Navigator 4.7 (under Debian) supports Unicode.  At least it
> claims to...

I have the same. It claims to, but it actually doesn't. There are two
problems
with Arabic, the fonts, and the writing direction (we write from right
to left).
Navigator don't do the UTF-8 conversion right (I have all the needed
fonts) and it
doesn't respect the bidirectional algortihms.

> > Sorry. The volunteer who translated the page used a WYSIWYG html editor and
>
> Uhh... the source is wml, not html.  How did this volunteer get the
> editor working with the source?

Well, guess the wml tags confused.