Re: gimp jpeg plug-in

Aurelian Melinte said:
> I am currently installing gimp 1.0.4 on a sparc sun 2.5.1 and it complains
> about not finding the jpeg libaries. I have glob 1.2.4 and gtk 1.2.5
> already on the system.
>
> Where can I get the jpeg stuff?
I'm a little confused what this has to do with debian-www email list
(which we discuss the maintenance of the website) but anyway:

Debian usually handles the libraries correctly, strange it didn't.
On an i386 system, the libraries are found in libjpeg62 package, so for
a Sun it would be something of a similar name.

You probably want to follow this discussion up on debian-sparc, we just
look after the websites here.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>