gimp jpeg plug-in

hello,
I am currently installing gimp 1.0.4 on a sparc sun 2.5.1 and it complains about not finding the jpeg libaries. I have glob 1.2.4 and gtk 1.2.5 already on the system.

Where can I get the jpeg stuff?

thanks
A.

INSTALL:
When ./configure fails on plug-ins

There are some GIMP plug-ins that need additional third-party libraries
installed on your system. For example to compile the plug-ins that load
and save JPEG, PNG or TIFF files you need the related libraries and header
files installed, otherwise you'll get a message that plugin xyz will not
be build.