Re: Unprintable characters in language links (was: Re: Debian WWW CVS: gecko)

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 03:19:00PM +0100, peter karlsson wrote:
> Anthony Wong:
>
> [Images instead of non-printable characters for language links]
> > Maybe the only universal solution is to use graphics?
>
> Is anyone working on this? (Would preferrably be people that know the
> languages in question, and can create the images correctly?

I'm not much of a fan of using graphics for characters. Different
people use different font sizes so they will always look bad for
some people. It will also look bad for people who use a browser
with image loading turned off.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org