Re: Website building.

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 07:55:28AM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 12:00:52PM +0100, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > > I tell people that mirroring is done about 2230 UTC. Of course, on
> > > Nov. 14 it didn't finish until 0112 the next day (I believe that Sunday
> > > dinstall runs take longer).
> >
> > But it doesn't work currently. Please have a look at the ports/powerpc/install
> > directory. It isn't proceed, and also not the german one. There is something
> > wrong ...
>
> But it *does* just not certain directories.  We've discovered a dependency
> problem where.. if no file in the parent directory needs be made, the
> subdirectories don't get made, either....  Nothing in ports/powerpc needed
> to be made so the make system didn't desend into ports/powerpc/install.

I do not believe this is true. It still isn't clear why updates to that
directory were not being remade automatically. In fact, I believe that
was a one time problem. Running 'make' in english/ports/powerpc right
now gives:

$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/debian2/web/webwml/english/ports/powerpc/install'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian2/web/webwml/english/ports/powerpc/install'
make[1]: Entering directory `/debian2/web/webwml/english/ports/powerpc/pics'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/debian2/web/webwml/english/ports/powerpc/pics

so the subdirs are being checked even if nothing changes.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org