Re: Suggestion: Cleaning up the front page

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 01:52:06PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> peter karlsson wrote:
> > * Moving the Debian Weekly News stuff up to where the other news items are
> >   listed.
>
> Hm, my name is still on the main page, isn't it?

Feel free to change portions of the web page relating to what you work on.
I'd like to foster an open development model to the web pages. As usual,
this means you should ask before making substantial changes, but little
things like this should just be done followed by a note to debian-www
noting the change.

> I really think that's showing undue favoratism towards a developer, to make
> this Joey Hess person be the only developer who rates mention on the main
> debian web page, and I really want to remove it. I also feel it's hyping DWN
> just a little too much. I suggest the following change to the page:
>
>   Joey Hess' Debian Weekly News is a supreme summary of what's happened in
>   the world of Debian.
>
>   Debian Weekly News is an in-depth summary of what's happening in the world of
>   Debian.

Darren and I agree with this 100%. This has been our policy in the past (no
favoritism to individuals) and we'd like to keep this up.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org