Re: Suggestion: Man Pages on Web & Install Disks

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > Ken Hendrickson <kjh@bv.net> writes:
> >
> > > Suggestions for Improvement:
> > >
> > >    * Put complete man pages for every package on www.Debian.org.
> > >         o (Note that OpenBSD does this.)
> > >    * Put complete /usr/doc and /usr/info documentation for every package
> > >      on www.Debian.org, with the appropriate HTML cgi readers.
>
> Can you consider this?  Should be possible in connection with packages.
> debian.org, or not?

Hmmm.... I don't think it's a bad idea, but I don't see why we could
just have a separate docs.debian.org for this, perhaps using dwww or
dhelp.  Delegate this out to someone who can keep a stable box going.
That way it's not a ton and ton of work for webmasters.  I don't see
why we would also need a commitment to serve up unstable docs as well.