Re: no link to the y2k page?

Previously James A. Treacy wrote:
> We thought it was important enough that a link is right on the
> main page. Scroll down a page and you'll see it.

Duh! We completely missed that.

On a related note: Cistron (the people hosting www.nl.debian.org)
appears to be willing to setup a searchengine for the website. Is
there any interest in this?

> Everyone considers their part of Debian important and thus wants
> it linked off the main page. This is simply human nature. The
> result is a main page that grows to contain so much information
> that people can't find anything. I'm afraid we are approaching
> that point again. We had the same problem before the last web
> reorganization.

I seem to remember a y2k statement on the release-page, but I couldn't
find that either. Perhaps a small link should be put there as well?

About the list: dialog doesn't handle dates, so it's safe. Same for
base-passwd, base-files, hostname, dpkg and e2fsprogs. (the only dates dealt
with are time_t's, not ASCII stuff).

Should we send a note to all maintainer to ask them to check if their
packages are y2k-safe? If we get info for all packages we will have
to reorganize the list as well..

Also, there appear to be two types of OK.. what is the difference?

Wichert.