Re: Providing Logos

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 09:08:17PM -0700, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> Why not .jpg?  We're using it for the logo, atleast, because transparency
> isn't an issue.. the background of both logo and web page are white.

Because I wasn't thinking. :) As long as the jpg image is of
acceptable quality we can use it.

I'm really not keen on the jpg format, though, for technical
reasons. Editing a jpg is like washing clothes, but worse.
Every time you edit it, the quality of the image deteriorates(*).
There are new, lossy formats that do better compression, handle
sharp lines better and don't deteriorate with each save.

Jay Treacy

(*) You don't even need to modify it. Open an image and do a SaveAs.
It is not the same as the image you started with.