Translation of titles only of news items

I was just browsing through the debian-www archives (November 1998), I found
a proposal about being able to translate just the news titles and dates
while waiting to translate the text body.

However, I didn't find a resolution on how to actually do this, but it seems
in the Perl code like its implemented (I don't know Perl very much, so I
can't tell from the code what it is).

Does anyone know more about it? (Or can point to a message describing it)

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/