Re: website & the new logo

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 07:27:50PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> > My biggest concern with the current official website is the excessive clash
> > between the blue and read in the header linkbar -- I find it makes the site
> > look slightly less professional, and while that's not so much of a concern
> > for us developers, I think we should always concentrate on putting our best
> > foot forward.
>
> Something like this, perhaps?
>
> <URL:http://www.softwolves.pp.se/tmp/debian2.html>
> <URL:http://www.softwolves.pp.se/tmp/debian3.html>

My only comments are that the horizontal and vertical bars should be different
colors and that there will be complaints if we remove the GNU/Linux part of
our name. Also, the buttons in the navbar don't work well on a dark background.
They can easily be changed using the new gimp script though (except for
Japanese and Chinese).

Keep the ideas flowing. I'm hoping someone will come up with a design that
most of us agree upon (there will always be dissenters. It wouldn't be
Debian if there weren't :).

Jay Treacy