Re: website & the new logo

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 07:27:50PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> > My biggest concern with the current official website is the excessive clash
> > between the blue and read in the header linkbar -- I find it makes the site
> > look slightly less professional, and while that's not so much of a concern
> > for us developers, I think we should always concentrate on putting our best
> > foot forward.
>
> Something like this, perhaps?
>
> <URL:http://www.softwolves.pp.se/tmp/debian2.html>
Hmm... I didn't like the length of time it took for this page to load...
what I mean is not bandwidth issues, directly.. but the "whole page in one
table" concept.  Since most table aware browsers don't render a table until
the whole thing is loaded, if the whole page is in one table, nothing is
displayed until the whole page is loaded.  Under the current system, if the
nestwork is slow, you still get the logo and the navbar as the rest of the
page loads.

> <URL:http://www.softwolves.pp.se/tmp/debian3.html>
I like the other color scheme better.  The same blues blending... that made
me want to "get away"

> But, as my previous try, it doesn't handle the placement of the logotype on
> the subpages very well.

We could stick with the current layout/new colors for the subpages.. that
woudn't be hard.