text search engine (Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org)

At Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:29:45 -0700,
Darren O. Benham <gecko@debian.org> wrote:

> Verisim has stopped offering search services.  We're looking for a
> replacement but havn't found a company that uses software that meets the
> DFSG.  So there is no search for the main web site.

How about namazu?  namazu is very popular text search engine in Japan,
and it's available under GPL.  For example, we, Debian JP, uses namazu
to search mailing-list and/or BTS, see http://www.debian.or.jp/search/
(It's still written only in Japanese, but we'll add English pages soon)

Of course, namazu is recently installed in potato/main.

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI