Re: WML 1.7.1 uploaded

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Anthony Fok wrote:

> Hello!  WML 1.7.1 has been uploaded (and installed into the FTP archive)
> for potato.
>
> Two things:
>
>   1. wml has a -MM option (which wmk uses automatically?  Not sure)
>      so it would automatically regenerates the html files if an
>      included file is updated.  I.e., we can take out some of the
>      hacks in the Makefiles.  :-)
>
>   2. There are a few fixes to ePerl in the new WML (since ePerl is
>      included in the WML tarball upstream and is built automatically,
>      but in Debian, we love modularization, and so ePerl has its own
>      separate package (as in upstream) and we have WML depend on ePerl.
>      Problem is, I couldn't compile ePerl again:

Hi folks,

i am the current WML maintainer and spy you silently for few weeks ;-)

Yes, wmk uses the new -MM flag automatically, which slows it down :(
I try to mimic gcc, but it has to be improved. Any pointer on how to
track dependancies is welcome (this is strongly off-topic, so please
don't reply to debian-www).

About ePerl, Ralf S. Engelschall will soon incorporate these fixes (and
others?) in a new release.

Yours

Denis