Re: Installing the Chinese web pages

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 12:05:06AM +0300, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > Yes, something like http://www.d.o/translations/chinese/ would be nice.
> > I would prefer a different name rather than "translations" though,
> > because the Debian Chinese Project is not merely a translation project.
> >
> > I wonder if other i18n/l10n teams are interested to have something similar?
> > :-)  http://www.d.o/???/french/  (or franc,ais), etc. etc.
>
> In french, we don't have so much page, (I think) and much of them are at :
> www.debian.org/~clebars/
>
> If think german people use external links, but I'm not sure.

:-)  I see.  Well, the /chinese/ pages won't have too many things in it
either.  However, the /chinese/ pages are necessary for the coordination
of the project, because there will soon be lots of newcomers from China,
Taiwan and Hong Kong (I hope) who will try to solve more technical hurdles,
to improve multi-character support (esp. Chinese) in Debian.  (Hmm... Maybe
we should discuss with Debian JP and Debian KR too.  :-)  Yes, basically,
some thing like http://www.debian.or.jp/.  I suppose we could have
www.debian.or{g,}.{cn,tw,hk} too, but since there is already a nice CVS
system here, I thought it might be easier for us to use it instead of
re-inventing our wheels.

I was just wondering where is the best place to put it.a
I won't mind putting it in http://www.debian.org/~foka/, but then
other people can't access it, and I feel I would be taking credit for
the entire project.  ;-)

www.debian.or{g,}.{cn,tw,hk} is okay too, but then, those servers
would probably be out of my reach.  (Okay, the truth is out... Perhaps
I am a control freak.  :-)  Seriously though, since the Debian Chinese
project spreads over two countries (a somewhat sad fact of life),
I would rather not see a fork.

I don't know.  What do you think?  :-)  If you don't mind it being placed
on www.debian.org and all its mirrors, which directory would you suggest?
/chinese/?  /port/chinese/?  /project/chinese/?  /language/chinese/?
/i18n/chinese/?  /international/chinese/?  :-)

Anthony