Re: Installing the Chinese web pages

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 09:24:35PM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I just did a 'make install' and it worked properly. The chinese directory
> has also been added to the global Makefile so they will be updated
> automatically.

Thank you very much!  Things seem to be working great!  :-)

Here are a few more questions for you.  If these questions have been
asked before, feel free to give me a pointer to a web page or the mail
archive, so you don't have to spend time re-answering them again.  :-)
Thanks!

 1. How often is the Makefile run?

 2. Is wml installed on va or another machine?
    (Last time I checked, I couldn't find it on va.)

 3. This may be too much to ask, but is there a way for us to run a
    "make cleandest; make install" manually for a particular language?
    (Hehe, I am sometimes too impatient and would like to see
    a near real-time change on www.debian.org.  <grin, duck, run>)

 4. Is  http://www.debian.org/chinese/   (index.??.html) a good place
    to put our Debian Chinese Project Home Page?  If not, what place
    would you suggest?  http://www.debian.org/$(somesubdir)/chinese/ ?
    http://www.debian.org/~$(maintainer)/chinese/ ?  Or elsewhere?

 5. What is the policy regarding modifying other languages' pages?
    For example, if I (or anyone else on the Chinese translation team)
    want to fix an HTML syntax error, fixes grammar error, or
    (*gasp*) e.g. create an webwml/english/chinese directory,
    should I/we:

      a. Just go ahead, make the changes and "cvs commit"?
      b. Ask first.  (Ask whom?  Or just by posting a message on the list?)
         and wait for someone else to fix it.
      c. Pick one of the above depending on the magnitude of the changes?

    Thanks in advance.  :-)

Anthony