Re: Countries and some changes to the vendor page

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 03:06:24PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> The Debian web pages use wml to generate the actual .html files. Wml
> runs the files through 9 filters which allow you to do almost anything.
> For example, one of the filters allows you to use perl.
>
> The country tags defined are used to get the names of countries in the
> current language of interest. For example, if the French version of the
> vendors page is being generated, then '<Germany>' will print 'Allemagne'.
> Pretty slick.
I see.  The only thing I'd like to point out is that in this case wml's syntax
interfere with HTML which is the output format and which , if I am right, can
be easily used in the .wml file.  This does not make the source files clearer
and easier to understand from one hand, and should add a really sophisticated
processing into wml itself, from another.

Or am I still missing something? :)

--
Mike