Re: Countries and some changes to the vendor page

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 12:58:53PM +0400, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 08:53:31AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > That's a wml tag, designed to insert 'Australia' in the current language
> > (or so I assume)
> So we were talking about different things. :)

The Debian web pages use wml to generate the actual .html files. Wml
runs the files through 9 filters which allow you to do almost anything.
For example, one of the filters allows you to use perl.

The country tags defined are used to get the names of countries in the
current language of interest. For example, if the French version of the
vendors page is being generated, then '<Germany>' will print 'Allemagne'.
Pretty slick.

Jay Treacy