Re: link to devel/release_info

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 01:25:50AM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> The link to devel/release_notes has been deleted from the main web
> page. devel/release_notes provides information that is frequently
> requested; primarily what version of the kernel and X are included
> in the next (or current if appropriate) release.
Deleted?  Why?  How?  Where?  WHO?  I *don't* like that!  And there isn't
an obvious replacement other wise there wouldn't be this mail...

> Although I understand the reasoning behind removing the link, as
> the person who answers most of the mail sent to webmaster, I'm
> not happy it. Perhaps the information mentioned above can be added
> to the release notes under releases/stable.
What was the reasoning?

> I'd like to see something that is managed by the release manager.
> They should have a grasp on both where Debian is and where it
> is going. The release notes included with each release can then be
> generated from the information on this page.
Will the release manager do it, though?  That's the important question.  We
can't dictate to him/them (when the post gets filled, has Richard been
confirmed in the post?)