list archiver

Thanks to the debian weekly news articles, I noticed that Darren is
looking into new list archiving software.  Serendipitously, I was
playing around with mhonarc this morning.  I fixed the bug with
Wichert's messages, and I made it generate split indices.

I think I can just regenerate new indices and Wichert's messages, but
I might have to regenerate the whole thing.  That would be a terrific
hit on the mirrors, so we would then have several options:
+ Just keep the last year or so of messages.
+ Convert all the messages but only a little bit at a time.
+ A combination of these two?

I wasn't subscribed to debian-www, but I will go subscribe now.

Guy