Re: ftp urls and things

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 03:04:44AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> I just noticed the 'Installtion Instructions' is a url to
> ftp://ftp.debian.org
>
> Might I suggest that all such urls be changed to
> http://http.us.debian.org/debian/..../ ?

That's only in the menubar. In the main page it is a link to
the current website. The entry on the menubar should also
be changed to the website.

I have been working on the debian-doc people to make sure that
documentation is in a form that is easy to translate and put on
the web. As it stands now, files need to be copied, renamed and
URLs checked by hand. That is why one link was left into the
archive.

Jay Treacy