Re: Space on master

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 05:55:18PM +0800, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Jason Gunthorpe writes:
> >
> > It is likely we will have to purchase another disk, probably something in
> > the 18G range :|
>
> My mirror has the exact same problem :)
>
> Though I have www and ftp on seperate disks, but both are only 100 meg or so
> from filling, going to buy a 10 gig ide drive in a few days to keep the ftp
> archive happy for bit. Maybe raid the new disk with the old to get to 18 gig
> and hopefully keep things are bay for a while.
>
> I'll be seriously worried about the amount of disk space a full mirror will
> take when sparc and alpha get into the stable distribution.

With the huge amount of space the archive is starting to take up it is probably
unreasonable to require official mirrors to carry the whole thing. If mirrrors
run into space problems they should be able to remove the less used parts
of the archive.

BTW Jason, /debian/home/treacy/web/lists contains the raw list mail. It could
be moved to another disk (it's 545MB). The people in charge of the list archives
should be contacted before moving it though.

Jay Treacy