Re: Note about setting the WML variable

From: "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org>
Subject: Note about setting the WML variable
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:15:44 -0400

> Now for the bad news. If you want to use tcs in the epilog things
> are not as simple. Using
> WML=wml -q --prolog="/usr/bin/tcs -f jis-kanji -t ujis" \
>            --epilog="/usr/bin/tcs -f ujis -t jis-kanji" \
>            -o $(@D)/$(@F)
> doesn't quite do what you want. tcs writes to stdout so what this
> does is create the output file and then runs tcs on it putting
> the result on stdout. I believe the following works. I have modified
> the Makefiles in the japanese dir to do this, but need someone who
> reads japanese to take a look at the japanese pages to tell me if
> it really does work.

The framework seems to be good. But something is wrong with tcs. I've
decided to use kcc instead of tcs and now it's fine on my box.

The problem left is that kcc seems not to be installed on
cvs.debian.org. Could you install kcc on cvs.debian.org? It's
available from:

ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/pub/Linux/debian-jp/dists/slink-jp/main/binary-i386/text/kcc_2.3-4.deb

If it isn't proper to use package outside of Debian, I'll do the best
to contribute this to Debian.

Thanks,
----
Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.or.jp>