Re: New Security Pages

On Sat, Oct 17, 1998 at 05:35:25PM -0700, Darren Benham wrote:

> I was refering to links.  Should the tags be set to a directory/index or
> directory/index.html  I thought I saw some links without the html and I was
> wondering if that was for the translations.

Ok, I wasn't sure what you were talking about. Directories should use "<dir>/"
and files should use <file> without anything after it. Yes, this is done for
translations.

For Content Negotiation
A list of all the legal completions to the filename given is created. Then
the server decides which file to actually serve based on the way it's configured
and information sent by the browser. <file>.html is the default backup if
no language can be negotiated. That is why there is a link from
is used as the URL then it is served regardless of any language preferences set.
Thus the .html should be left off.

Jay Treacy