Re: German translation?

On Fri, Sep 18, 1998 at 03:34:31PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> Just a very small question: is anyone working on a german translation of
> the web-pages? If so, can I help? If not: how can I start translating?
>
>     Thimo
>
> --
> Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>

	I don't know if there is a german translation of the web-pages,
but...
	(from personal experience)  you can try and see if there is one
doing a CVS co at cvs.debian.org, of the directory "language" (in your case
german), you can do this anonymously. If you see there is no german
directory, you can ask Jaey Tracey (he will possibly answer this e-mail too)
and coordinate throught the mailing list of german translators (is there
one? look at www.debian.org) a group of people to do it.
	But FIRST read the www-howto-translate document you can find at
www.debian.org (at the Developer's Corner), in order to know how to do this.
Also, knowledge of CVS IS recommended, though you could use any of the many
interfaces for CVS available: CurVeS, tkCVS, jCVS (not yet packaged for
Debian, I am trying to do so), look at
http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs-index.html for many resources on CVS.

	That's all I can recall :)

	Regards