Re: fatman too slow from US?

> If you are not already doing so, you probably want to use rsync for this,
> since it only copies the changes.  If you want any help setting it up, drop me
> a line.

va is using rsync to mirror the entire web directory and ftp archive.

> N.B. The --delete option can be a bit counter-intuitive (read dangerous) on pre-1.6.4 versions of rsync.

I'd been meaning to file a bug against it for this. Not only is it counterintuitive,
but the way it handles directories is just plain wrong. It makes it impossible
to safely use the --delete option without hiding the local directory in an otherwise
empty direcory. The bug Christian filed against it says it all.

- Jay