Re: Permitting more than one account per translation

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 09:19:43PM +0300, Michael Sobolev wrote:

> To my mind, it's team coordinator who should ask for a new account in main cvs
> server, request for an account to be removed/disabled/maintained, and trace how
> the team members work on the translation.

The team coordinator is the only one who can ask for a new account.

> So my question would be:
>
>     What is the objection to many accounts per translation team?

Simply that we don't want to spend our time doing admin work. At
the same time, I've realized that only allowing one account per
translation creates a single point of failure. If the coordinator
gets sick or simply disappears, a translation stalls. With 2-3
accounts per translation we should be able to keep the translations
on a good footing while keeping the admin down to a minimum.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org