Re: New to list

I just started using Debian a month or two ago myself.    I have
installed Wheezy on two systems, a new Thinkpad laptop and an older
quad-core desktop.    While there are still a few things I haven't
gotten working (root doesn't get syslog email, etc.), I'm mostly quite
pleased.   I used Fedora and before that RedHat Linux since perhaps
'97 or '98, but since I worked in embedded, the case for switching to
a deb-based distribution has become compelling.

I've packaged the open source project  I work on using Launchpad and
plan to submit it to Emdebian when I feel it's ready.      First I
must write some man pages, convince my buddies to pick compliant
shared-object names, and split some plugins into their own packages,
sigh.    But I'm having fun with Debian and am excited about joining
the community.    I watched the talk about Debian Women on video from
Debconf a couple of weeks ago, which is how I found out about this
mailing list.

Best wishes,
Alison

--