Re: please migrate women.d.o

Hi,

I know DSA is uber-busy, so thank you for dropping us a reminder.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 05:37:05PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> as per http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2009/07/msg00003.html we
> announced that women.debian.org needs to be moved to a different
> machine.
>
> Now that bugs-master.debian.org has been moved off of rietz.debian.org,
> women.debian.org is the only service that remains on rietz.
>
> Due to the fact that we have dramatic hardware problems with ries.d.o
> (aka ftp-master.d.o, release.d.o), we are currently consider pulling all
> the disks from ries and sending them over to OSUOSL (where rietz is
> hosted).  ries and rietz are the same type of hardware (HP server);
> although there are other ries-like boxen in Debian's possession, only
> rietz is currently in a position to act as ries-replacement.
>
> The implication of the above is that all content of women.debian.org
> needs to be moved within the next 48h away from rietz, preferably
> without requiring that another moinmoin wiki be instantiated.
>
> Due to the fact that DSA has not seen any real progress from your side
> since July 2009, and since the project needs ftp-master.d.o back up
> immediately, we regrettably can offer only 48h, after which we will
> repurpose rietz.d.o.

I do not remember exactly how the website was built and I can not enter to
rietz to check, but the contents are under subversion at
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/women/trunk
So I guess maybe move whatever used to regenerate the website and switch
the DNS to a new machine is all that it needs. Is there any Debian machine
where we could maybe the website? IIRC it did only require WML to generate
the static content.

About the wiki, I think we could export the valuable content to the Debian
wiki and kill it. Given how little time there is for doint it, could you make
a dump of the content? I will look at it locally copying to wiki.d.o
what is not spam and worthwhile.

Ana