Re: Welcome to your new Debian system in...

Quoting Clytie Siddall (clytie@riverland.net.au):

> That's a fun idea: I'll find a quiet moment (we have a family of people
> to go with our computers) and do that for you. Any preferred file
> format?

ATM, I use WAV files, though some day I will probably switch to OGG.

> It will be good to have a female voice doing that welcome in
> Vietnamese, as the issue of the computer acting like a person has
> various cultural trip-wires in Asian society. It would make Debian, and
> the computer as a whole, significantly less threatening to Vietnamese
> women, if they heard a female Vietnamese voice.

The initial idea was getting as much female voices as possible, though
the collection indeed includes several male voices as well.

If interested, you'll find the collection at
http://www.perrier.eu.org/debian/voices