Re: Thankyou

Hi Clytie, all :)

Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Thankyou (et merci) for the intros, Geordie and fabienne!

Yes!

> This is feeling more and more like a _good_ place to be. :)

Well I think it's a great place to be :)  And I'm glad to learn when
others like it too.

> I contribute what I can in lots of different places in OSS right now:
> this is the first place I have felt really welcomed :)  and at home, so
> I may end up keeping my broken pencil collection (annoying strings :) )
> and eclectic assortment of dictionaries next to my beanbag here.

What do you think is different about Debian or Debian Women that makes
you feel more welcomed here compared with other places?  What are we
doing right and wrong in that, do you think?  I would like to have
Debian Women as welcoming as possible to the "right" kind of person (ie
people who are genuinely interested in Debian and in increasing the
participation of women in Debian), so comments about that are always
appreciated.

> For the first time, Debian Installer Level 1 is translated into
> Vietnamese, and we'll keep on going! I would really like to think that
> people like my sister, working very hard for very little for a
> multinational IT in Vietnam, will have the chance to use Debian,
> especially if it means being able to kick that buggy Windoze system out
> the window. :)

That is fantastic work!

I don't know whether Christian Perrier is still collecting recordings of
voices saying "welcome to you new Debian system", or whatever it was, in
different languages.  But he might well like to add Vietnamese to the
collection, if you'd like to help with that (there was a thread about
that project on the Debian Women list a couple of months ago [1]).

Helen.

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/11/msg00041.html