Re: Article on Debian Women@axionet.com

If anyone has any doubts that groups like Debian Women are needed, just have a look at some of the comments on the article.

I admit that, although I had a pretty good idea of the ignorance and the tired old ideas with which people try to refute feminism, when I started writing, I was under the impression that they were in retreat.

Apparently, I was naive. Some of the comments on Newsforge and elsewhere could be from the early Seventies, when the second wave of feminism was just getting underway.

I am now seriously considering an article on sexism in the open source and free software movements. There seems to be enough horror stories for twenty articles.

--
Bruce Byfield
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield