Bug#527234: RFP: reduce-algebra -- Reduce Algebra system
* Package name : reduce-algebra
Version : 20090414
Upstream Author : Anthony C. Hearn
* URL : http://reduce-algebra.com/
* License : see below
Description : Reduce Algebra system
This is an interactive program designed for general algebraic computations of
interest to mathematicians, scientists and engineers. Its capabilities include:
1. expansion and ordering of polynomials and rational functions;
2. substitutions and pattern matching in a wide variety of forms;
3. automatic and user controlled simplification of expressions;
4. calculations with symbolic matrices;
5. arbitrary precision integer and real arithmetic;
6. facilities for defining new functions and extending program syntax;
7. analytic differentiation and integration;
8. factorization of polynomials;
9. facilities for the solution of a variety of algebraic equations;
10. facilities for the output of expressions in a variety of formats;
11. facilities for generating optimized numerical programs from symbolic input;
12. calculations with a wide variety of special functions;
13. Dirac matrix calculations of interest to high energy physicists.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
are permitted provided
that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions of source code must retain the relevant copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNERS OR CONTRIBUTORS
BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.