Bug#400078: ITA revoked. Corrected to point to current maintainer
retitle 400078 Bug#400078: fixed in hostname 2.93
owner 400078 Daniel Baumann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Anibal, thanks for the note which I missed.
Daniel, I mistakenly announced ITA before I noticed you were listed
there. I happened to fixed all bugs in the package since 2.93. You can
get the newest version from:
dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/hostname/hostname_2.94.dsc
ChangeLog attached, ignore 'New maintainer' line.
hostname (2.94) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer (O; Closes: #400078)
* Corrected version number. (Closes: 396596)
* Updated man page to clarify effect of --file (Closes: #252182).
* Mention that /etc/hostname should only contain domain name and not
the full FQD. (Closes: #253956)
* Print warning to stderr when trying to set doemain name to FDQN
* Implement -v verbose option. (Closes: #382059)
* Remove trailing space from -a output. (Closes: #390527)
* Use softlink for dnsdomainname. (Closes: #382728)
* Confirm that --version outputs to stdout, not stderr. (Closes: #361862)
* debian/control: (Maintainer:) updated.
* debian/copyright: Updated to latest dh-make template
* hostname.c: Code layout fixed to 4-spaces. Added braces.
gcc -Wall -pedantic warnings fixed. Added FATAL/WARNING
prefixes to error messages.
(usage): Order options alphabetically. Layout 'lined up'.
(main; struct option): Order options alphabetically.
(show_name): -a output fix.
(check_name): Added i-range checks.
(verbose): New varargs function. Implements -v option.
The changes are so extensive, that diff wouldn't communicate the
modifications well. Download the new source and do a local comparison.
Or copy hostname.c directly from the package.