Bug#240427: RFP: flight-of-the-amazon-queen -- adventure game playable with ScummVM
* Package name : flight-of-the-amazon-queen
Version : ???
Upstream Author : John Passfield and Steven Stamatiadis
* URL : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/FOTAQ_Talkie.zip?download
* License : see below (similar to beneath-a-steel-sky)
Description : adventure game playable with ScummVM
Flight of the Amazon Queen is a 2D point-and-click adventure game set in the
1940s, originally published for DOS and the Amiga.
You assume the role of Joe King, a pilot for hire who is given the job of flying
Faye Russell (a famous movie star) into the Amazon jungle for a photo shoot. Of
course, things never go according to plans. After an unfortunate turn of events
they find themselves stranded in the heart of the Amazon jungle, where Joe will
embark on a quest to rescue a kidnapped princess and in the process, discover
the true sinister intentions of a suspiciously located Lederhosen company. In a
rich 2D environment, Joe will cross paths with a variety of unlikely jungle
inhabitants including, but not limited to, a tribe of Amazon women and 6-foot-
Here is the full licence text from the readme file:
1) You may distribute this game for free on any medium, provided this Readme
and all associated copyright notices and disclaimers are left intact.
2) You may charge a reasonable copying fee for this archive, and may
distribute it in aggregate as part of a larger and possibly commercial software
distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk). You must
provide proper attribution and ensure that this Readme and all associated
copyright notices and disclaimers are left intact.
3) You may not charge a fee for the game itself. This includes reselling the
game as an individual item.
4) You may modify the game as you wish. You may also distribute modified
versions under the terms set forth in this licence, but with the additional
requirement that the work is marked with a prominent notice which states that
it is a modified version.
5) All game content is (C) John Passfield and Steven Stamatiadis.
The ScummVM engine is (C) The ScummVM Team (www.scummvm.org).
6) THE GAME DATA IN THIS ARCHIVE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING AND NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
APT prefers unstable
APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.4-1-686
Locale: LANG=fr_FR@euro, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR@euro