Re: Configuring the webserver: webapps-common or...?

hey thijs,

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 21:55 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> I've seen the talk about webapps-common, and it seems the "right"
> solution to tackle this problem if I'm correct. But it's not in the
> archive yet... I'm wondering about the current status: what is blocking
> it at the moment? Is help needed?

the webapps-common in svn *mostly* works iirc, though there was a final
blocker feature-wise that hasn't been implemented which i'd like to see
get done before it gets into the archive[1].  plus as etch was getting
closer i was nervous about having a half-implemented package either
going into etch or blocking other peoples packages from doing so, though
that's obviously a moot issue at this point.

and yes, i'd say help is both needed and welcome.

> If it will take a long time before webapps-common materialises, I'll
> look into using wwwconfig-common or fixing the current system.

my current plan is to get a functional version in unstable before
debconf, though i've been having trouble in the past few months finding
free time since being shanghai'd by the php team :)

	sean

[1] webapps-common can work with dbconfig-common, and it can provide
support for multi-instance configurations, but not both.