Re: RFS: roundcube

Hi!

We use roundcube as our webmail in my office, so we'll be reviewing
it, and I might end up sponsoring it, I haven't yet looked at it, but
I have a couple of comments:

On 2/10/07, Vincent Bernat <bernat@luffy.cx> wrote:
  Version         : 0.099+0.1b2.2-1

The version is the 0.1-beta2.2 I suggest that you use: 0.1~beta2.2,
this is exactly the kind of version that the ~ character was invented
for.

This  is still  a beta  quality software  but I  use it  happily every

The fact that it is a "beta" release doesn't mean that the quality is
much worse than a lot of non "beta" released software.  It lacks
features, and it has some bugs, but it's pretty much a nice piece of
software.  Even though it's not ready for a "stable" Debian release, I
think it's pretty much ready to be uploaded to "unstable" (taking into
account that it won't go into testing until Etch is released, and
after that it will be a long time until Lenny is released, which gives
roundcube time enough to stabilize itself)

day.  The  package  uses  dbconfig-common to  configure  database.  It
supports sqlite,  MySQL and PostgreSQL  backend. To avoid to  pull too
much  packages, it  does  not depend  on  any of  those backends.  Any
comment on this is welcome. I have put a note in README.Debian.

As I said, I haven't looked at the packaging yet, but I think you
should "Recommend"  them (separating them with | ).  As far as I know,
roundcube is allowed to connect to a remote database, and thus you
wouldn't need the database to be installed in the same server.

--
Besos,
Marga