Re: [all candidates] delegation

Le Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 08:46:28PM -0600, Moray Allan a écrit :

> Stepping down should be seen as a sign of accomplishment.  It should
> not be seen as losing the ability to provide advice.  It should be
> seen as an opportunity for someone to use their skills in other
> aspects of the project, to produce more great things.  Separately
> but importantly, it should be seen as a healthy thing for the
> project.

Hi Moray,

what you wrote here presents the end of a delegation as a final point.
However, I was very interested by your use of "rotation", which I was
understanding as a faster turnover where the responsibility of the delegation
is passed through developers according to the pool of compentent people.
Taking the Debian Policy Editors as example, I would not mind being replaced in
October 2013, and (provided that I still have the free time), I would not mind
serving again from October 2104.  All of this without reducing my contribution
in terms of patches, but only rotating who is responsible for committing them.

So can you clarify how proactive you intend to be in terms of promoting rotation
for the existing delegations ?

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan