Re: [all candidates] delegation

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> One of the key role of the DPL is to delegate.
>
> What are your intention in this regard? Do you think that the current
> teams and roles are well filled? Or would you like to change some of the
> people currently holding a position? Why (not) changing anything?

I believe that the current delegations are well deserved, if elected, I
wish to reaffirm people currently holding a position (unless they wish
to step down, of course).

On the other hand, most of our teams are lacking manpower, which is
something I would like to improve. To remedy the situation, I'd need to
learn a bit more about the various teams than I was able to while
peeking in from the outside. I'd like to think that we have quite a bit
of manpower to spare, we just need to aim them at the right team. Or if
that fails, improve our recruitment to make joining the teams lacking
manpower most more appealing, and more rewarding. In some cases, likely
more visible, and better defined too.

I also plan to delegate more tasks, to make the DPL job sustainable in
the long run. These would include representational tasks just aswell as
organising things on behalf of the DPL, and so on and so forth. I see
Zack's DPL helpers initiative as a step in this direction, and I'd like
to take it a little further.