Re: [all candidates] Return to the desert island (cont.)

Steve Langasek:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:39:29PM +0100, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > 3. One test I've been taught to use to reason about free software is the
> >    Desert Island test [2] which starts by:
>
> >      Imagine a castaway on a desert island with a solar-powered
> >      computer.
>
> >   Obviously, software that are only frontends to unreproducible “cloud”
> >   services do not pass the desert island test.
>
> This is a mischaracterization of the "Desert Island test" as it was
> formulated on debian-legal.  The Desert Island test is about whether a user
> can *comply with the license* of the software on a desert island when they
> have no contact with the outside world.

Thanks for the correcting my runaway thoughts. :)

I'll need to come up with other tools to think about the danger
about freedom I perceive from the “cloud”…

--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism