Re: to Moray: being Debconf chair and DPL?

On 2013-03-19 22:34, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
if you are ellected as DPL, will you stay Debconf chair, which is a
delegation you got from the current DPL? How can you tell the project
which decission you do as DPL and which as Debconf chair?

In your platform you only say you might to less for Debconf while being
DPL.

If I am elected DPL, I will resign from this position. Beyond the general point of it being a DPL delegation, we e.g. have a process for DPL approval of a budget presented by the DebConf Chairs, where it is better to have a clear separation of powers.

At that point, I hope we can agree an ongoing turnover plan for the DebConf Chair positions, which was already talked about there previously, but didn't happen yet. (It might be natural, though not compulsory or automatic, for DebConf Chairs to stay in the DebConf Committee when they rotate out.)

--
Moray