Re: Your opinion on Debian Maintainer status

On 2013-03-17 00:13, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
while reviewing the vote that introduced the Debian Maintainer status
in 2007 (http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003_tally.txt) I noticed
that Lucas voted in favor and that Moray voted against it.
Moray, why did you vote against?

I'll follow up to explain this soon, but I need to check a couple of things, in case I'm misremembering details from 2007.

But, before that, I wanted to send immediately the more general comments below.

If I am elected DPL I will:

- Respect (and promote) project positions, even if they differ from what I would personally like.

- Act neutrally when required during project discussions (Constitution 5.1.9).

(Also note that 3.2.2 and 8.1.2 ban the DPL from making membership decisions.)

I certainly do not want to use the DPL position to reopen old decisions. I want the project to be outward-looking and to move forward in the best way, not inward-looking and focused on the past.

--
Moray