Re: [all candidates] DPL term duration

Moray Allan <moray@sermisy.org> writes:

> However, the DPL role for a single year is already a big commitment,
> taking a lot of energy and time (typically including a lot of the time
> that person previously spent in other areas of Debian).  Already many
> people who would perform the role well choose not to run due to the
> required commitment.

For example, I would question whether one could do the role of DPL with a
conventional full-time job in IT, at least if you want to keep any other
hobbies outside of those two jobs.  The amount of media and expected
travel to represent Debian is rather intimidating (particularly to an
introvert), as are the number of things that are relatively
time-sensitive and require a lot of effort.  (I think mediations and
helping people work together is much more difficult than technical work on
packages.)