Usage of Debian's Money

(starting a new thread)

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013, Moray Allan wrote:
> If there was general support then we could look at organising a
> funded program, but I would need a lot of persuasion before wanting
> to get into the question of Debian picking specific individuals to
> pay for their work while everyone else is unpaid volunteers.[2]
>
> [2] Some of you will remember Dunc-Tank.

Despite the above statement, your platform mentions “I would seek
suggestions on how we could try to advance Debian's goals by spending
money in ways we're not currently doing. While I think we should be
careful with money, I would be willing to authorise spending to try out
new ideas from others, where goals can be defined and the success of an
initiative can be judged.”

What kind of new ideas would be acceptable? Feel free to invent some
hypothetical examples to illustrate.

To other candidates, do you believe that we could benefit from using money
for other things than hardware and meeting/travel reimbursment? If yes,
what kind of things?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/