Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2011: Call for nominations

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:10:12AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Absolutly. But I also absolutly dont see, why this has to turn into a
> mudslinging party. One can disagree very much and very fiercly,
> without "mudslinging". At least thats what I expect from people
> running for DPL.

Agreed, thanks for putting this into words.

In fact, I was also wondering what people are referring to with
"mudslinging". (If you have specific episodes, feel free to point me to
them in private mail.)  At least in recent years my own recollection of
debates is that they have been polite, even when quite radical views of
some aspect of the project were presented. I can probably pinpoint a few
episodes that I would call "mudslinging", but they were not coming from
DPL candidates.  Sure enough, I remember very harsh debates way back in
the past but that is unsurprising, given that many believe that the
general climate on Debian mailing lists have improved a lot with respect
to 5-6 years ago.

/me, fearing more and more that he'll have to throw mud at himself
Cheers.