Re: Naming of non-uploading DDs (Was: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members)

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 04:08:50PM +0900, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 09:40:09PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > > I'll let the patch linger for a couple of days -- actually, I'll be away
> > > for most part of tomorrow -- and then I'll apply it, posting a new
> > > complete draft here shortly thereafter.
> > So I'm not considering this currently as an amendment.
>
> Kurt, my inclination was to consider this change as falling under
> Constitution §A.1.3 as a change that "does not alter the meaning" of the
> proposal.

That would be A.1.6?

> Do you disagree with that interpretation? If so I can, as the
> proposer, turn that change into a formal amendment and directly accept
> it (under §A.1.1 and §A.1.2), offering then the opportunity to seconders
> to disagree forking the text. I think it's in the best interest of all
> of us not to fork two options for *this* specific reason and I think
> §A.1.3 applies and it's the best way forward.

My question was basicly if you wanted to make that change
at that time.  My interpretation is that you didn't propose
to change it at that time, but that you would do it at some
later time.

The question was which part of the constituion this would follow.

I also want to avoid having to fork it.

Kurt